Due to the increase in automation and consequential loss of life and property in accident, it was considered that to give relief to the victims of accident claims many laws have been enacted and provisions have been inserted for compulsory third party insurance and to provide a machinery of adjudication of claim in the Motor Vehicle Act and procedure for adjudication of claim has been provided.
* Motor accident claims may be made by the injured person and in case of death the legal heirs of the deceased are claimants.
* The aim of all insurance is to compensate the owner against loss arising from a variety of risks, which he anticipates, to his life, property and business. Insurance of motor vehicle comes under miscellaneous insurance.
* The court assesses the pecuniary loss in granting compensation ‘on’-
* Pecuniary damages which includes medical treatment, attendance, transportation, special diet, Actual loss of earning of profit up to the date of trial; Future loss of earning.
* Non-pecuniary damages which includes mental and physical shock, pain and suffering already suffered or likely to be suffered in the future, damages to compensate for the loss of amenities of life which may include a variety of matters, i.e., on account of injury the claimant may not be able to walk, run or sit.
We handle cased related to –
Commercial vehicle accident
Pedestrian and biking accident
Public transportation accidents
Defective automated products
Texting and driving and other distracted driving accidents
Defective highway design and maintenance claims etc.
If you have suffered personal injuries from a motor vehicle accident anywhere in India, Vakilpro will be able to help you.