Vakilpro Shares The Awareness with Their Customers In :-
* Consumer rights have been enacted to protect him/her from being cheated by sellers and manufacturers and such laws have been designed to ensure fair trade practice.
* Every consumer has their own rights when it comes to the purchase of goods and services for consideration, rights such as the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, purity, standard and pricing of goods or services, right to clean and healthy environment, rights against hazardous goods towards life and property.
* Product liability usually involves claims against companies and business organization including retailers, marketers and manufacturers. Most of the companies sell their products, fails to keep such assurance and promises.
In order to provide speedy redressal for consumer grievance, ‘The Consumer Protection Act,’1986 was enacted and a three tier quasi-judicial machinery was opened in the national, state and district level. Consumer dispute cases are filed depending upon the pecuniary jurisdiction.
Problems faced by consumers
* Food adulteration
* Malpractices by suppliers
* Lack of information
* Wrong weight and measures
* Duplicate products
* Problem in delivery of goods
* Unethical advertising
* No proper return of money
Negligence in services includes service such as medical, transport, product as service, banking, utilities, education and training, personal services etc.
Remedies Available in Consumer Dispute
* Replacement of Goods
* Removal of Defects
* Refund of Money
* Award of compensation for the occurrence of loss
* Withdrawal of hazardous goods from sale